Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

I love having tacos for dinner. It is so easy, the ingredients always seem to be in the fridge, and no one has any complaints about it. But sometimes, you gotta throw out the ordinary and spice things up a bit. Crockpot chicken tacos was a last-minute brilliant idea of mine one day when it was my turn to cook dinner. We didn't have much in the pantry, of course, so I looked to the fridge. What did I find?? NOT MUCH. I started moving things around and found some salsa and the idea struck. We had chicken, salsa, cheese and tortillas so I figured how bad could it be??

The answer... Best.Tacos.Ever.


Seriously, how good do these look? I put ranch dressing on the top of everything. It was delish!

Here's What Ya Need!


Chicken Breasts - Use however much you need for your family. 
Salsa - 1 jar seems to be enough
Chicken Broth - 1 can
Cheesy Taco Seasoning - 1 packet
Lime Juice - I don't recommend using it. After making it with and without the lime juice, we all prefer it without.



Add everything together and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours. You could always cook it on high, but I'm not sure how long it would cook for. Probably 3-4 hours. If anyone cooks it on high and gets an accurate time frame, let me know!


This is what you get at the end. Just put on tortilla shells, add some cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing (as I did above) or whatever tickles your fancy and get to eating. You, and your family, won't be disappointed.

Happy eating!
Sarah





1 comment: